Barcelona GSE graduates take the knowledge and skills they acquire in our master programs and apply it to a variety of professional and academic career paths. Barcelona GSE Career Services provides students and alumni with a portfolio of resources to support their career development.
Career Services works together with faculty, companies, institutions, and the Barcelona GSE's alumni network to create placement opportunities that match the quality and caliber of our graduates. Additionally, our Career Advisors help each student prepare for a successful job search.
When it comes to finding employment or applying to a PhD program, our students bring their attitude and skills: hard work, talent, expertise, enthusiasm, and ambition. The combination of all makes our students competitive and suitable to work as analysts in many sectors as well to pursue a PhD program in top universities.
To support students and help them achieve their career goals, Career Services offers:
Training and career development
- Effective channels for finding a job
- How to build a CV and cover letter
- Interview strategies
- How to develop your personal "brand" – Networking
- Develop your communication skills
- Exclusive Barcelona GSE Career Center
- Premium access to VAULT (a leading international resource for industry research and job search)
- On-campus talks by recruiters from local and internationals employers
- Access to the Alumni & Friends group on LinkedIn
Barcelona GSE alumni are working and studying in many countries worldwide covering different sectors and industries. The Barcelona GSE provides the training and proper environment for growth, and graduates go out into the world to make an impact in industry and academia.
The Career Services team stays in touch with all alumni and is available to offer continued career development support such as:
- Help in your job transition
- Access to exclusive job positions posted for top employers worldwide in the Barcelona GSE Career Center
- Premium access to VAULT (a leading international resource to help you in your job search and industry research)
- Networking with other alumni and current students through our Alumni & Friends LinkedIn group.
- The possibility to hire recent graduates for your team! You can post a vacancy in our Career Center or contact us to get started.
Barcelona GSE graduates are placed at notable companies and institutions around the world. The student selection process, rigorous training, and prestigious faculty of our master programs are just some of the factors that position graduates among the most competitive professionals.
The Career Services Office at the Barcelona GSE helps recruiters find the most suitable candidate for their recruitment needs through a variety of services:
- Access to the exclusive Barcelona GSE Career Center where you can find our recent graduates and alumni
- Direct contact with our students and alumni through our Alumni & Friends LinkedIn group
- On-campus recruitment talks where you can introduce your company and attract the best talent for your team
- The possibility to conduct interviews on campus with our graduates
If you are interested in hiring a recent graduate or alumni, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
- Barcelona GSE Career Center
An exclusive online platform connect our students and alumni with recruiters and job opportunities, the Barcelona GSE has established a Career Center as an exclusive online platform to connect students, alumni, and recruiters. To access the Career Center, you must create and activate your account using the instructions sent to you by Career Services. Once you're registered you can visit our Career Center and start connecting with select professional options.
- Networking: LinkedIn Group for Alumni & Friends
The Barcelona GSE Alumni & Friends community is an essential resource for maintaining lifelong connections with the school, with the city of Barcelona, and with classmates from over 50 countries. The LinkedIn Barcelona GSE Alumni Group is only open to members from the Barcelona GSE community, making it a safe and conducive space for the exchange of knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with trusted colleagues.
Who may join?
- Barcelona GSE master's students and graduates
- Barcelona GSE Summer School and professional course participants
- Faculty, academics, researchers, and doctoral students
- Recruiters and practitioners
- Download lists of first placements for recent cohorts
First placements for three most recent cohorts of Barcelona GSE graduates, as reported to Career Services within six months of completing the program
Master's Degree in Economics and Finance
Master's Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis
- Competition and Market Regulation Program
- Economics of Public Policy Program
- International Trade, Finance, and Development Program
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets Program
Master's Degree in Data Science
74% of graduates enter the professional world
24% Financial Services
Macroeconomic analysts, price analysts, and research departments in European economics, financial markets, and international economy, among others.
Graduates join consulting firms specializing in competition economics, macroeconomics, financial markets, and public policy.
17% Research and Academic Institutions
Institutions conducting research on development, economic policy, health economics, and international trade are the destinations for most graduate who enter this area.
14% Government Authorities and Agencies
Central banks, competition authorities and treasuries are the most common public sector agencies that hire graduates.
10% International Organizations and Non-profits
Credit development officers, economists, program analysts, and internships with organizations such as the United Nations, the World Bank, and the World Health Organization, among others.
12% Other Industries
Alumni also take positions with a variety of other employers looking for skilled analysts and advisors.
26% of graduates continued with PhD or other post-graduate programs
48% entered PhD in Economics at UPF or UAB
The doctoral programs in Economics at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) and Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) are organized jointly with the Barcelona GSE.
52% studying in other competitive PhD programs around the world
The most common destinations were United States and United Kingdom. Other common destinations were Germany, Italy, and Switzerland.
Alumni by location
European cities outside Spain with the most alumni are Brussels, Frankfurt, and London.
Spanish cities with the most alumni are Barcelona and Madrid.
14% North America
The most common locations are Washington DC and New York.
11% Central and South America
Some destinations in this region are Lima, Mexico City, and São Paulo.
8% Africa, Asia, Oceania
Alumni are located in Manila, Nairobi, Pretoria, and other cities.