With one campus just steps from the Mediterranean Sea and the other in the middle of a beautiful mountain landscape, Barcelona GSE students and researchers have two unique environments for their academic activities.
Explore maps, public transport, and campus details below.
The Barcelona GSE's Ciutadella Campus at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) in central Barcelona is within walking distance of both the beach and the city's financial, cultural, and governmental centers.
The Barcelona GSE administrative office at Ciutadella campus is located in Building 23 ("Mercè Rodoreda") on Floor 2.
How to reach Ciutadella Campus:
Ciutadella Campus is located right next to the Ciutadella Park and Barcelona Zoo, on the block between Carrer Wellington and Carrer Ramon Trias Fargas.
- H16 to "Ramon Trias Fargas - Doctor Trueta" stop
- V21 to "Marina-Ramon Turró" stop
- L4 (yellow line) to "Ciutadella - Vila Olímpica" stop
Walk 200 meters up Ramon Trias Fargas (away from the sea) and we are on the left side of the street.
- T4 to "Wellington" stop
- By train: Arc de Trionf Station (10-minute walk)
- Estació de França (15-minute walk)
The Barcelona GSE's Bellaterra Campus at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) is a self-contained location that offers students all of the services they need in their day-to-day lives. It is an easy half-hour train ride from the city center.
The Barcelona GSE administrative office at Bellaterra campus is located in Office 107 at the "Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica - CSIC."
How to reach Bellaterra Campus:
Barcelona has an efficient commuter train line called the Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (FGC). The Ferrocarrils station is connected to the metro station at Plaça Catalunya.
- S2 (Sabadell line) to "Universitat Autònoma" stop
- S55 (Universitat Autònoma line) to "Universitat Autònoma" stop
Get off at the Universitat Autònoma station and follow the people walking down the stairs toward the campus. Bear left, cross the Plaça Cívica and cross the wooden ramp and walk up the small hill. The Institute for Economic Analysis will be on your left.
By train (Renfe):
- Lines R7 (from Barcelona Sant Andreu Arenal station)
- Line R8 (From Martorell/Granollers stations)
Once you arrive take the UAB internal bus service to "FGC - Central Arterial Road" stop
Overview of activities at each campus:
PROGRAMS OF STUDY
- Competition and Market Regulation
- Data Science
- Economics of Public Policy (Fall and Spring terms)
- International Trade, Finance, and Development
Continuing education courses:
RESEARCH CENTERSMaps and directions for Ciutadella Campus