With one campus just steps from the Mediterranean Sea and the other in the middle of a beautiful mountain landscape, our students and researchers have two unique environments for their academic activities.
Explore maps, public transport, and campus details below.
Barcelona GSE study programs and research centers are located on two main campuses:
- Ciutadella in the center of Barcelona
- Bellaterra, a modern facility just a short distance outside the city
The Barcelona GSE's Ciutadella Campus at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) in central Barcelona is within walking distance of both the beach and the city's financial, cultural, and governmental centers.
The Barcelona GSE administrative office at Ciutadella campus is located in Building 24 ("Mercè Rodoreda") on Floor 2.
How to reach Ciutadella campus:
The Ciutadella campus is located right next to the Ciutadella Park and Barcelona Zoo, on the block between Carrer Wellington and Carrer Ramon Trias Fargas.
- H16: Ramon Trias Fargas / Dr. Trueta stop
- 10: Ramon Trias Fargas stop
- 14: Sardenya / Dr. Trueta stop
- Nearest metro station is Ciutadella – Vila Olimpica, Line 4. Just walk 200 meters down Ramon Trias Fargas (away from the sea) and we are on the left side of the street.
By train (from the airport):
- Final stop is Estació de França, which is a 5 minute walk from the campus. We are just on the opposite side of the park.
The Barcelona GSE's Bellaterra campus at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) is a self-contained location that offers students all of the services they need in their day-to-day lives. It is an easy half-hour train ride from the city center.
The Barcelona GSE administrative office at Bellaterra campus is located at Office 107 in the "Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica - CSIC."
How to reach Bellaterra campus:
Barcelona has an efficient commuter train line called the Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (FGC). The Ferrocarrils station is connected to the metro station at Plaça Catalunya.
- S2 - Sabadell
- S55 - Universitat Autònoma
Get off at the Universitat Autònoma station and follow the people walking down the stairs toward the campus. Bear left, cross the Plaça Cívica and cross the wooden ramp. Follow the signs to Edifici B, "Facultat de Ciències Econòmiques."
Overview of activities at each location:
Study programs conducted at Ciutadella campus:
- Competition and Market Regulation
- Data Science
- Economics of Public Policy (Fall and Spring terms)
- International Trade, Finance, and Development